Answered By: Margaret D. Last Updated: Apr 18, 2018 Views: 139
Yes! We have a Local Author Collection at the Main library. The items added to the Local Author Collection are done for the purpose of making your book available to our customers. If you are a local author and would like to donate a copy of your book to the library, then you may download and fill out the attached Local Author’s form for consideration to this collection.
It is always preferable to have a review for an addition to the collection. If a review is available, we ask that it be attached to the form or give a link provided. If no review is available, a work of any type may be considered if it fits the following criteria and is donated by the author for the purpose of being added to the Local Author Collection.
- The item is aimed at the general reader/listener rather than for the specialist or practitioner.
- It is not a textbook.
- It is sturdily bound, preferably sewn or glued.
- It is not designed to have pages meant to be filled out or torn out by the reader.
- It is large enough to stand up on its own and will not easily fall behind a shelf.
- It is in a format that we currently collect.